VISIT EMOSSON DAM
20 June 2018
Take a guided tour to find out more about one of the three dams on the site, along with the Vieux-Émosson dam and the Barberine dam.
Built between 1969 and 1975, the Emosson dam is the second largest dam in Switzerland in terms of capacity (227 million m3). With its 180-meter high wall, it is the 3rd highest dam of the Valais.
Individual guided tour
Registration at the information pavilion on Emosson Square.
From July 1 to 15, 2018, from Wednesday to Sunday.
From July 16 to September 2, 2018, every day.
Maximum 15 persons per visit.
Departure times: 10H, 11H30, 14H, 15H30
Duration: about 1H15
- Adult from 16 years CHF 10.-
- Student AVS CHF 8.-
- Child from 6 to 15 years CHF 6.-
Guided group tour
Reservation is required in advance
Price: CHF 300.- (maximum 30 people)
Duration: about 2H
Possible languages: French, German, English and Spanish (subject to availability).
VerticAlp Emosson, firstname.lastname@example.org, +41 (0)27 769 11 11.
Program of the visit (subject to change depending on weather conditions):
. Welcome of visitors in front of the information office and souvenir shop, at Emosson square. General explanations (geography, geology, history of the three dams of the site, principles of a dam).
. Visit of the Weller space and presentation of the model of the site of Emosson.
. Crossing the inner gallery 1926 (explanation of the watching devices) and return to the square.
For your info:
- The visit takes place by ALL weather conditions. Come with warm clothes and suitable shoes for walking in the mountains.
- Follow the guide's instructions. The visit can be interrupted if the safety instructions are not followed. The guide reserves the right to refuse admission to the gallery to persons with inappropriate behavior.
- The visit is not recommended for people suffering from vertigo and claustrophobia.
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 6 are not allowed to visit.
VERTICALP EMOSSON GALLERY
20 June 2018Come and visit our exhibitions during the 2018 season at the top of the Montuires funicular.
STAY AT THE HEART OF ESPACE MONT-BLANC
30/03/2017As a couple or family, spend an unusual night (or several) at the Montuires!
TOP 10 OF ATTRACTIONS IN SWITERLAND
20 may 2018What's in the top 10 of the steepest attractions of Switerland?